Thursday, February 28, 2008

Stacey (Coleman) Carroll


I’m amazed that 9 years has gone by in the blink of an eye. It seems like we just graduated and headed off on our own…it’s definitely making me feel a little old. This is what I have been up to. After graduating from Gridley High, I began attending St. Mary’s College in Moraga, CA (SMC) in the fall of 1999. It was a little scary to be away from home but after a few months I settled in and haven’t looked back. I loved my time in college, it really allowed me time to grow up and spread my wings. I met lots of great people and had many great adventures during my time at SMC. I participated on a club crew team for a semester (those early mornings were insane), studied Spanish in Costa Rica for a month and made lots of great memories during all of the campus events. I decided to study Sports Management and graduated in 2003 with a BA in Liberal Arts. But the best thing to come from my time at SMC was meeting my husband, Tom. We were introduced by a mutual friend in the fall of 2000 and after a year of being friends we have been together ever since.

After I graduated I wanted to stay in the Bay Area so I worked as a manager in retail until April of 2004 when I got a job as a Marketing/Account Coordinator for a national General Contractor in San Francisco – Fisher Development, Inc. I worked my way up through different departments in the company and now manage one of our largest accounts. Tom and I got married in November 2006. We were married in the chapel at SMC surrounded by family and friends…I wouldn’t have changed a thing. The following spring, we bought our first home in Walnut Creek. We haven’t been able to get away from SMC. Tom played baseball all through college and now works in the athletic department. We are at most sporting events and I’ve become somewhat of a Super Fan – GO GAELS! We do not have any kids yet…just a cat (baby steps).

I hope everyone is doing well and I can’t wait to catch up!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Stacey! It's so nice to hear from you. I get to see some of your pictures at John and Julies. Your wedding pictures were just beautiful!!! I can't wait for us to all get together again.

Tatum