Friday, February 8, 2008

Colleen (Richins) Speer




Since graduating from GHS I have taken my time in graduating from college, working full-time, basically "growing up". Right after high school graduation I went to school in Utah at Utah Valley State College for a year from 1999 to 2000 and then came back to Gridley spring of 2000 to December of 2001 to work for Dr. Bowling and get my California Dental Assisting license. I then left in January of 2002 on a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints to the Canary Islands of Spain. I returned from there in August of 2003 and continued working as a dental assistant for Dr. Bowling. I then started my pre-dental hygiene at Oregon Institute of Technology in Klamath Falls Oregon the fall of 2004. Then in March of 2005 I was accepted to Utah College of Dental Hygiene and started there fall of 2005. I met Mike Speer while in Oregon and we were married June of 2006 while he was attending UC Davis and I continued hygiene at UCDH we lived apart :) I graduated April of 2007 and moved back to Davis, California to work for Dr. Grote as a Dental Assistant while taking my licensing exams. Mike graduated for UC Davis in June of 2007 and Mike was accepted to Penn State for his PhD in Bio-Ag engineering so, after getting my California Hygiene license I got my Pennsylvania license. We moved to State College Pennsylvania in August of 2007 and we bought our first home! Mike is working hard on his PhD and loving Penn State and I am working full time at University Dental Care for Dr. Kulkarni and love it! I have enjoyed new nieces and nephews, lots of family fun as well as getting to see some of my friends from GHS! It has been a great 10 years and I look forward to the next 10!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look wonderful - it's great to see what you've been up to!
~Stacey (Coleman) Carroll

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!